I call this the Don’t Make Me Leave My House or Put On Pants mask™ ®
Are you ever in the mood for a mask, but don’t want to leave your house? That’s me! A nice mask sounded like the perfect Sunday hangover detox, yet I’m all out of my Lush masks (shout out to catastrophe cosmetic). Luckily, I am a bit of a kitchen wizard, so I whipped up a vegan mask from the everyday ingredients I have lying around. It’s brightening, invigorating, completely dealt with the bags under my eyes (it looked like my eyes were going on holiday, they had such large bags), and it left my skin feeling silky smooth!
Try my vegan face mask recipe!
- 2 tablespoonfuls organic Manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice with pip
- 1 tablespoon organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoonfuls ground coffee
- 2 tablespoonfuls used coffee grounds (from your coffee machine’s coffee filter)
Mix until gloomy & smear on your face. If your face is puffy, refrigerate the mask first and apply when cold. For a nice scrub, gently massage it around your face while applying. Leave for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.